When talking about computers, what is the "Desktop"?
- A: Where the computer sets.
- B: A special computer desk with an anti-static top.
- C: The main screen you see after the computer starts up. The "My Computer" folder is normally displayed there.
- D: A small portable computer which can be powered by batteries or an electronic adapter.
What is computer wallpaper?
- A: Wallpaper used to decorate a room with a computer in it.
- B: Wallpaper made on a computer for use on the walls of a home.
- C: An image used for the background of the desktop screen.
- D: None of the above.
What is an icon on a computer?
- A: A picture of a very cool or heroic person.
- B: A special program where the user can manipulate con settings.
- C: An image used to represent something on a computer. A person can click on it.
- D: Stands for "infrared concise optical nebula" and is used by the bios.
What is input and output?
- A: A very popular Japanese rock band.
- B: Putting a disk "in" a computer and taking it "out" of the computer.
- C: A trial and error process of detecting viruses.
- D: An example would be entering information "in" with a keyboard and displaying it "out" onto a monitor.
What is the program Outlook used for?
- A: Email.
- B: Finding internet sites.
- C: Monitoring system information.
- D: None of the above.
What is a computer virus?
- A: Something that can alter and erase computer files making the computer act weird until fixed.
- B: A sickness that is transferred from humans to computers.
- C: A virus that can be contagious to humans if they get to close to an infected computer.
- D: A problem that completely destroys a computer and renders it useless forever.
Are all computer viruses basically the same?
- A: Yes! They will all render your computer useless forever.
- B: No but they will still all render your computer useless forever.
- C: No. Some only do minor damage while others can do much greater damage. The computer is always repairable.
- D: All are the same except for the email virus.
How is a computer rendered "useless" forever? (Be careful this one is really easy! Think about it.)
- A: By getting a virus.
- B: By an electrical surge.
- C: By letting a younger brother or sister use it.
- D: By throwing it off a cliff and smashing it into a million pieces on some rocks.
Why do computers have speakers?
- A: So computer stores can make more money.
- B: So we can hear sounds and music on our computer.
- C: So speaker companies can make more money
- D: So we can speak into them for voice programs.
Why do we need computers?
- A: For many different reasons. They make things like homework and accessing information easier.
- B: Because everyone is supposed to have one.
- C: Because my teacher says we should.
- D: They're more exciting than television.